Enter in the date you want workers to start to see the checklist update for your timeline.
75 days before Worker Start Date
First day to submit Job Order (Form 790A) to State Workforce Agency
- As soon as you submit a job order to Labor Consultants, we will submit the Employment and Training Administration Form 790 (ETA Form 790) to your State Workforce Agency. An approved ETA Form 790 is required to submit an H-2A application with the Department of Labor.
- Both you and Labor Consultants will be contacted within 7 days to confirm if the application is approved or if additional information is required.
60 days before Worker Start Date
Last day to submit Job Order (Form 790A) to State Workforce Agency
45 days before Worker Start Date
Last day to submit H-2A Application (9142) to DOL
- Once the State Workforce Agency approves your job order, Labor Consultants will submit a H-2A application to the DOL’s Chicago National Processing Center (CNPC).
- All information required for the H-2A application is collected during your initial job order submission to Labor Consultants.
30 days before Worker Start Date
Last day to submit H-2A Petition (I-129) to DHS
- Once the DOL has certified your H-2A application, Labor Consultants will complete and submit a Petition for a Non-Immigrant Worker application (Form I-129) to US Citizenship and Immigration Services (part of the Department of Homeland Security)
10-15 days before Worker Start Date
Workers submit DS-160. Labor Consultants can handle all recruiting related tasks.
Workers Pass Consulate Interviews.
Workers approved at port of entry and travel to worksite.